5 Benefits of Glass Splashbacks For Kitchens
When you are kitting out your new kitchen, of course you want it to look fantastic, but you need it to be functional too. There are certain items which you need in order to add protection and productivity to your space, whilst also saving your décor for years to come, avoiding or damage or staining. A glass splashback is one of those things, whilst also looking great in its own right.
You might be wondering whether this is an additional extra you don’t really need, but the bottom line is that if you want to save your tiles, paintwork, and wallpaper from damage, to avoid splashes from food or other substances you are cooking with on your hob, then a glass splashback is a necessity.
Of course, you can choose other materials aside from glass, but there are many specific advantages to glass alone. Let’s explore them and help you make your final decision.
- Glass splashbacks are widely available – You won’t struggle to find a range of glass splashbacks to choose from, and that means you can easily find a deal which suits your needs too. Market competition is a good thing for you!
- Glass splashbacks are available in a variety of sizes, and can also be cut to size – You don’t have to go for a standard size if it doesn’t quite fit your needs, as although you will find set sizes on sale, you can also have a piece of glass cut to the size you want it. This means you can customise your splashback to fit your kitchen space – if you want your splashback to cover more than the space over your hob, this is entirely possible.
- Glass splashbacks are available in a variety of different colours - You can choose from classic clear glass, black glass, coloured glass, or glass with glitter flecks in it, whatever you want you can find. Obviously the more obscure your choice, the increase in price will go alongside it, but if you shop around, again you can find deals.
- Glass splashbacks don’t need much maintenance and can be cleaned easily – Glass by its very nature is easy to clean, and you can simply use a damp cloth, a buffering cloth, and simple glass cleaning detergent, or even warm water and washing up liquid, in order to regularly keep your splashback looking shiny and new. There is no major maintenance required here, and that means that once you have installed your splashback and paid for it, there is no additional cost to be made.
- Glass splashbacks are very cost effective – Moving on from the point above, the fact that you can find glass splashbacks very widely, they don’t need major maintenance, and you can shop around, all adds up to a cost effective choice. When you compare glass to other materials, such as marble, quartz, or granite, you will find that glass comes up cheaper in many different ways.
These are just five advantages to choosing a glass splashback for your kitchen. Going without a splashback is only going to end in tears – can you imagine the state of your wallpaper or paintwork after you have cooked a rather lively Bolognese? Splashes everywhere! Cut out this possibility and find a glass splashback which suits your kitchen needs on Y&S Marble.