Apollo Quartz Worktops – Pros & Cons
Looking around for inspiration for your next kitchen redecoration? If so, you have a lot of work in front of you!
Changing your kitchen’s appearance is a big job, and it is one which is going to take a lot of shopping around, planning, and consideration, in order to get it all right.
If you’re thinking about changing your kitchen countertop, or worktop to give it another name, then you have a lot of decisions in front of you, just in this one regard. For instance, what material are you going for? Are you going to go for a trend colour, or something more natural? Are you having a regular worktop, or are you going for an island design? What brand are you going to decide upon?
Apollo quartz is one of the biggest names in the quartz worktop world, and that is for a very good reason – it’s quality speaks for itself. Having said that, there are other brands on the market, and you need to make sure that you’re going for the right one.
Let’s check out the pros and cons in turn.
Pros of Apollo Quartz Worktops
- Big named brand gives you peace of mind that you’re making a sensible and safe choice
- You will get a good quality and lengthy warranty, depending on the product you purchase
- Strong and high quartz content – Apollo quartz worktops are made of 93% quartz content, with just 7% added in for resin/the colour you choose
- Large range of colours, patterns, and finishes on offer – you won’t struggle to find something you like and which fits in with your décor ideas
- Highly heat, scratch, and stain resistant
- Zero maintenance required other than regular, normal cleaning – no regular sealing is needed with quartz as it is a non-porous stone
- Easy to clean, using warm, soapy water and a soft cloth – nothing else needed!
Cons of Apollo Quartz Worktops
- There are other brands on the market also, and it’s important to look at these too, in order to see if a better deal can be found
- The huge range of different colours, patterns, and finishes on the market can make the final decision a very difficult one. This also means that you could potentially make a mistake because of the huge choice in front of you
It’s important to shop around and see if you can find any deals with different materials and brands before you make your final decision, but overall, Apollo quartz is a fantastic choice to go for. You don’t have to worry about maintenance with any type of quartz, and that is a big advantage, especially for anyone who lives a busy life. The fact that quartz is non-porous also means that it is ultra-hygienic, because it doesn’t harbour germs and bacteria within it.
Is quartz for you? Only you can decide at the end of the day, but it’s important to remember that any colour you choose needs to be viewed in person, rather than just relying on Internet pictures. Different colours react to natural and artificial lights very differently, and you need to be aware of how your particular choice is going to look, so you don’t get any nasty surprises once your worktop has been professionally installed in your new kitchen.