Granite Kitchen Worktops Surrey – Price & Installation!
Granite countertops are popular for home projects given that it is one of the best materials that can be used for all manner of worktops. Regardless of where you want the countertop, granite will be most suiting; floors, vanity tops, kitchen tops etc. Your imagination will always be the limit. When it comes to both quality and price, granite is among the best natural stone given its magnificent looks and high-end qualities.
The cost of elegance
Some granite retailers have divided granite into different levels despite the lack of industrial norms on which this can be done. Luckily, at Y&S granite slabs are not categorized into different levels. All the same, you will find that different slabs have different prices. As one of the biggest suppliers of granite kitchen worktops surrey, they have the most competitive prices in town.
The cost of granite is dependent on the following factors:
- Thickness and size of the granite slab.
- Shape of the edge.
- Peripheral designing.
- Rare choice of colour.
These are the general factors that will contribute to the cost of your countertop. If you factor in any kind of customisation, the standard price will definitely go up based on the complexity and details of the customisation. On average, most dealers will sell from £60 to £440 per square metre. The dealer at his discretion may decide to include the installation cost in these prices. People who want to get cheap granite countertops can get a price of £40 per square metre excluding installation. Other charges that you will incur are finishing, transportation and installation.
DIY: Installing a Granite Countertop
If you are more of a DIY person, you will want to haggle the price of the granite slab to the lowest you can get. Installation is a costly and time consuming process.
All the same, here is a quick overview on installing your own countertops:
- Plan the Installation – planning the installation process involves everything but the actual installing. Choose the colour, type of granite, type of edging, take measurements of size (length, width, thickness, overhang etc.) you will want to create a template to take to your fabricator
- Install the Granite Slabs – the first step is dry fit the countertop to ensure a perfect fit. Put the slab directly on the frame of the cabinets. You don’t need an additional sub surface. If you want to cut the slab into shape, you will need a dry-cut diamond blade installed on a grinder
- Secure Granite to Cabinets – if you have the seams secured, you will want to join the stone to the cabinet. The stone’s weight will be enough to hold it to the cabinet but it is safer to run a bead of caulk along the underside perimeter of the granite, where the countertop meets the cabinet top.
- Apply Granite Sealer - Granites need to be sealed to ensure they last long. Apply a granite sealer to your countertops to protect the stone and prevent staining.
If you are looking for a cost effective granite kitchen worktop without compromising on quality, you should contact us today for a free quote for both customised and prefabricated granite kitchen worktops in surrey.